Brodie and Karen recently attended Maitland High School to educate Year 10 students on essential tax matters as part of the Youth Express Money Matters program. The program aims to educate students on money matters that are not covered by the school curriculum.
Some of the matters we spoke about included:
- How Australia’s taxation system works and why we need it
- Getting a Tax File Number
- Completing a TFN Declaration
- Lodging an Income Tax Return
- How to read a payslip and making sure your entitlements are being paid
- How to apply for an ABN.
The 2022 Money Matters event was a huge success with many students stating they gained useful information that will help in their future.
Supporting our community and education are two of our values here at Balanced Beans, so we were understandably thrilled to be a part of the program.